Monday 18 November 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Joseph "Pete" Knight and Gianna D'Angelo.
Der Schatz, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1929!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1929 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- William Joseph "Pete" Knight: Astronaut / test pilot (X-15).
- Gianna D'Angelo: American soprano and educator (d. 2013).
- Joey Forman: Actor (Sid Caesar Show, Joey Bishop Show), dies at 53.
- Henricus Van de Wetering: Archbishop Utrecht (1895-1929), dies at 78.
- Dr Vladimir K Zworykin demonstrates kinescope
- Large quake in Atlantic breaks Transatlantic cable in 28 places
- Stalin routes troops to Manchuria
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 November 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?