Tuesday 18 November 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Marlier and Joy Picus.
Murder!, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1930!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1930 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Marcel Marlier: Belgian illustrator widely known for having drawn characters of the books serie "Martine" (Tiny) from 1954 to 2010, Gilbert Delahaye was the author.
- Joy Picus: American politician.
- Musical Smiles with Bob Hope / Fred Astaire premieres in New York City
- Soka Kyoiku Gakkai, a Buddhist association later renamed Soka Gakkai, is founded by Japanese educators Tsunesaburo Makiguchi and Josei Toda.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?