Wednesday 18 November 1936
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lloyd's of London, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1936 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Don E Cherry: US jazz trumpeter.
- Hank Ballard: Detroit, Michigan -- Rocker (The Twist (pre Chubby Checker).
- Ennio Antonelli: Italian ecclesiastic, a Roman Catholic Cardinal since 2003.
- Suzette Elgin: American writer of fantasy and sci-fi.
- Gérard Violette: French artistic director and promoter of contemporary dance, mainly in the 'Théâtre de la Ville' in Paris where he served as director from 1985 to 2008.
- Don Cherry: American trumpet player (Old and New Dreams New York Contemporary Five and Codona) (d. 1995)
- Main span of Golden Gate Bridge (San Francisco, California) is joined.
- Germany and Italy recognize Spanish government of Francisco Franco.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's De-Lovely - Eddy Duchin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?