Saturday 18 November 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Another Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1939 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- John Cheek: Falkland Islands -- Advocate.
- Margaret E Atwood: Author / poet.
- Tom Johnson: Composer.
- Brenda Vaccaro in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actress (Cactus Flower, Sara, Paper Dolls).
- Margaret Atwood: Canadian writer, a poet and novelist who first came to prominence in the late 1960s.
- John O'Keefe: American scientist, he shared the 2014 Nobel prize of physiology and medicine with Norwegian May-Britt and Edward Moser.
- Brenda Vacarro: American actress whose first TV series, "Sara," was cancelled in 1977. Two years later, in 1979, she landed another series, "Dear Detective." Vacarro was nominated for an Oscar as best supporting actress with her performance in "Once is Not Enough," in 1975.
- Jean Degros: France sport Champion
- Margaret Jay: Baroness Jay of Paddington English journalist and politician Leader of the House of Lords
- Amanda Lear: Hong Kong-born French singer, TV presenter and model
- Brenda Vaccaro: American actress
- Netherlands KNSM passenger ship Simon Bolivar hits German mine, 86 die
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?