Thursday 18 November 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon and the Co-eds, directed by William Clemens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1943!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1943 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Leonardo Sandri: Argentine Catholic Cardinal.
- Mireille Negre: French leading dancer at the Opera de Paris.
- Susan Sullivan in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Having Babies, Falcon Crest).
- 1st US ambassador to Canada, Ray Atherton, nominated
- U-211 sinks in Atlantic Ocean
- 444 British heavy bombers attack Berlin, Germany, in the first attack of the Battle of Berlin. Nine British planes are lost. Little damage is done, mainly due to much cloud cover.
- First US ambassador to Canada, Ray Atherton, nominated.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?