Monday 18 November 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Best Years of Our Lives, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1946!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1946 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Alan Foster: American author.
- Chris Rainbow: Scottish singer-songwriter and producer (Camel) (d. 2015).
- Pierre Chanal: French soldier and suspected serial killer.
- Alan Dean Foster: United States -- Sci-fi author (Midworld, Flinx in Flux).
- Amanda Lear: French singer.
- Donald Meek: Scotland, actor (Stage Fair, Stagecoach), dies at 86.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Huggin' and Chalkin' - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- Helen Carroll - Ole Buttermilk Sky
- Sooner or Later (You're Gonna Be Comin' Around) - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- The Things We Did Last Summer - Jo Stafford
- It's A Pity To Say Goodnight - Stan Kenton
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 November 1946 and get them!