Friday 18 November 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Adam's Rib, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1949.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1949!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1949 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Ahmed Zaki: Egyptian actor and producer (d. 2005).
- Ted Sator in Utica: New York, USA; NHL coach (New York Rangers, Buffalo Sabres).
- Ahmad Zaki: Egyptian actor (d. 2005).
- Enrica Bonaccorti: Italian former actress, television and radio presenter, and lyricist.
- Bonnie St Claire [Cornelia Swart]: Dutch singer (Tame me Tiger).
- Ted Sator: Utica, New York -- NHL coach (NY Rangers, Buffalo Sabres)
- NL batting leader (.342) Jackie Robinson wins NL MVP
- The Iva Valley Shooting occurs after the coal miners of Enugu in Nigeria go on strike over withheld wages; 21 miners are shot dead and 51 are wounded by police under the supervision of the British colonial administration of Nigeria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?