Thursday 18 November 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK My Son My Son by Vera Lynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Time I Saw Paris, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1954 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- John Parr: English singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Evan Gray: New Zealand cricketer.
- Guy Innes-Ker Duke of Roxburghe: English large landowner.
- Joe Malone: American politician, Massachusetts State Treasurer who has challenged Acting Governor Cellucci for the Republican nomination, seeking office in the November 1998 election.
- Yanks trade Woodling, Byrd, McDonald, Triandos, Miranada and Smith to Orioles for Turley, Larsen and Hunter as part of an 18 player deal
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?