Sunday 18 November 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Sharkfighters, directed by Jerry Hopper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1956 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Noel Brotherston: Irish-English footballer and painter (d. 1995).
- Jim Weirich: American computer scientist developed Rake Software (d. 2014).
- Warren Moon: American athlete for the Seattle Seahawks who was previously with the Minnesota Vikings and Houston Oilers.
- Tony Franklin NFL kicker (Philadelphia Eagles: New England Patriots).
- Morocco gains independence
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?