Tuesday 18 November 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Plamen Krastev and Oscar Nunez.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tom Dooley by The Kingston Trio.
In UK It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards was in the top 5 hits.
Houseboat, directed by Melville Shavelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Around The World With Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Charlie Drake.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1958!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1958 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Plamen Krastev: Bulgarian hurdler.
- Oscar Nunez: Cuban-born American actor.
- Daniel Brailovsky: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- 1st true reservoir in Jerusalem opens
- Indians minority stockholders sell their stock to William Delay
- The sinks in a storm on Lake Michigan, killing 33 of the 35 crewmen on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Cozy Cole - Topsy II
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Big Bopper - Chantilly Lace
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- Bobby Darin - Queen Of The Hop
- Ricky Nelson - I Got A Feeling
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?