Monday 18 November 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lubomir Sekeras and Mel Stewart.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Yellow Submarine, directed by George Dunning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
On TV people were watching Alles dreht sich um Michael.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1968 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Lubomir Sekeras: Liptovsky, Czechoslovakia -- Hockey defenseman (Team Slovakia).
- Mel Stewart: North Carolina, United States -- 200m butterfly swimmer (1992 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Milica Vukadinovic: WNBA guard (Charlotte Sting).
- Owen Wilson: American actor, writer, producer and screenwriter.
- Barry Hunter: Irish footballer and manager.
- George Kotsiopoulos: American stylist and journalist
- Romany Malco: American rapper producer actor and screenwriter (College Boyz)
- Gary Sheffield: Tampa, Florida -- Outfielder (Florida Marlins)
- Walter Wanger: US producer (Cleopatria), dies at 74.
- Military coup in Mali, President Keita ousted
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Cream - White Room
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?