Thursday 18 November 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sandy Zubrin and Shagrath .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK If You Leave Me Now by Chicago was in the top 5 hits.
Rocky, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Outsiders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bigfoot Bonkers or Sea Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1976!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1976 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Sandy Zubrin: Tamuning, Guam -- US diver (1996 Olympics).
- Shagrath : Norwegian singer-songwriter (Dimmu Borgir Chrome Division Ov Hell and Fimbulwinter).
- Dominic Armato: American voice actor.
- Sage Francis: American rapper (Non-Prophets).
- Matt Welsh: Australian swimmer.
- Mona Zaki: Egyptian actress
- Man Ray: American-French photographer and painter (d. 1976).
- Yanks sign free agent Don Gullett
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 November 1976
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Gordon Lightfoot - The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
- Bee Gees - Love So Right
- Captain and Tennille - Muskrat Love
- Rick Dees - Disco Duck (Part 1)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me
- Commodores - Just To Be Close To You
- KISS - Beth
- Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?