Thursday 18 November 1999
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Smooth by Santana.
In UK Keep On Movin' by Five was in the top 5 hits.
Sleepy Hollow, directed by Tim Burton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program by Richard F. Heller, Rachael F. Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1999!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1999 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 November
- Doug Sahm: American musician (Sir Douglas Quintet, Flaco Jimenez) (Born 1941).
- In College Station, Texas, 12 are killed and 27 injured at Texas A&M University when the 59-foot-tall (18 m) Aggie Bonfire, under construction for the annual football game against the University of Texas, collapses at 2:42am.
- The Aggie Bonfire collapses in College Station, TX, killing 12.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1999 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 November 1999 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?