Sunday 18 November 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Mist, directed by Frank Darabont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: Staying Young by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vratice se rode.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures or Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 November 2007 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 November
- Silvio Berlusconi, Italy's former Prime Minister, announces he will dissolve the Forza Italia party and found a new one called Freedom People's Party. (BBC)
- Japan resumes whaling of humpbacks for the first time in 40 years. Greenpeace and other environmentalist groups condemn the decision. (BBC)
- Cyclone Sidr: Rescue efforts reach the most remote areas of Bangladesh, as the death toll rises to 2,400 people. (BBC)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests: ASEAN Secretary General Ong Keng Yong says Burma will not be suspended from the organization. (BBC)
- Hong Kong voters go to the polls in District Council elections, with pro-Beijing parties expected to recover. (BBC)
- 2007 Pakistani state of emergency:
- Hina Jilani leads a protest in London to ask for the release of all political prisoners and to vocalize the call for President Pervez Musharraf's resignation. (BBC)
- One person dies in a bomb explosion on a railway track near Peshawar targeted at a passenger train.
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez opens the 2007 OPEC meeting in Saudi Arabia, warning the United States against attacking Iran. (BBC)
- 2007 Writers Guild of America strike: Screenwriters announce they will resume negotiations with movie studios on November 26. (BBC)
- Strikes in France: Transport workers strike for the fifth consecutive day, rejecting an offer by public railway company SNCF. (BBC)
- George Charamba, the spokesman for Robert Mugabe, the President of Zimbabwe, says the Mugabe government is preparing for a British invasion. (BBC)
- Hashim Thaçi, a former rebel leader who has promised to declare Kosovo's independence if mediation efforts fail, declares victory for his party in the parliamentary election. (AP via Google News)
- An explosion in a coal mine in Zasyadko, Ukraine, kills at least 63 people and leaves many more trapped below ground. (BBC)
- Jimmie Johnson wins his second straight NASCAR Nextel Cup championship for the 2007 season. (LA Times)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?