Tuesday 18 November 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Live Your Life by T.I..
Twilight, directed by Catherine Hardwicke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Raja Shivchhatrapati.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bella Sara or Bleach: The 3rd Phantom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2008.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 2008!
Which were the important events of 18 November 2008 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 November
- Heads of automakers General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler appear before a Senate banking committee to ask for financial assistance.
- Democrat Mark Begich defeats Republican incumbent Ted Stevens in Alaska's highly contested Senate race. Begich will be the first Democratic senator representing the state in twenty-eight years. (AP via MSNBC)
- Togiola Tulafono is re-elected as Governor of American Samoa, easily defeating challenger Utu Abe Malae. (''Pacific Magazine'')
- Takehiko Yamaguchi, a former Japanese Vice Minister for Health, and his wife are found stabbed to death in Saitama, a suburb of Tokyo. (BBC News)
- Central European stocks drop to a three-week low on expectations of slowing economic growth. Poland forecasts economic growth to drop to 2.3% in 2009 from 5.4% in 2008 and the Warsaw Stock Exchange's WIG 20 index falls 3.5% in two hours. Bulgaria's Sofia Stock Exchange is at a five-year low. Both Bulgaria and Romania may need International Monetary Fund loans to repay US$100 billion of external debt. (Bloomberg)
- HSBC Holdings announces 500 layoffs in Hong Kong. (CNN-IBN)
- 2008 Russian financial crisis: Trading will remain suspended at the Moscow Interbank Currency Exchange for another two days or until the Federal Financial Markets Service instructs otherwise. (Forbes)
- 2008 Nord-Kivu fighting: War crimes are reported in the Nord-Kivu province of the Democratic Republic of the Congo after a ceasefire is broken and fighting resumes, leaving at least 100 civilians dead. ( INSI)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?