Wednesday 18 November 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fireflies by Owl City.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 18 November 2009 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 November
- Red Robbins: American basketball player (Born 1944).
- The France national football team beat the Republic of Ireland at the Stade de France to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup finals in South Africa, with Thierry Henry admitting after the game that he committed handball in the move leading to the decisive goal. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- The population of Africa reaches one billion. (BBC)
- The Government of Hong Kong unveils a new democratic political reform plan, which includes the expansion of the Legislative Council. (''Straits Times'')
- Iraqi Vice President Tariq Al-Hashimi vetos part of the country's new election law, putting the scheduled January 2010 elections in doubt. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Australia Kevin Rudd announces that he will consider a probe of the Church of Scientology in Australia after an attack on the organization by independent parliamentarian Nick Xenophon. (BBC)
- According to the 2009 Corruption Perceptions Index, Somalia is the most corrupt of 180 countries surveyed, and New Zealand is the least corrupt. (Reuters)
- Four people are killed after a bomb left over from the Vietnam War explodes as they try to remove explosive material in southern Tay Ninh Province. (AFP)
- Taiwanese universities announce they will admit mainland Chinese students for the first time next year. (AFP)
- Senator and President ''pro tempore'' of the United States Senate Robert C. Byrd of West Virginia becomes the longest serving member in the history of the United States Congress. (Associated Press)
- Queen Elizabeth II officially opens the Parliament of the United Kingdom and delivers Her Majesty's Most Gracious Address. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?