Friday 18 October 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Anna Karenina, directed by Mrton Garas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1918 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Molly Geertsema: Dutch lawyer and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the Netherlands (d. 1991).
- Constantine Mitsotakis: Greek lawyer and politician 178th Prime Minister of Greece.
- Bobby Troup: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania -- Pianist / actor (Emergency, Acapulco).
- James Cameron Tudor: Politician.
- Konstantinos Mitsottakis: Premier of Greece (1990- ).
- Willem J "Molly" Geertsema: Dutch liberal / interior minister)
- Czechoslovakia declares Independence from Austro-Hungarian Empire
- Russian 10th Army drives out White armies of Tsaritsyn (Stalingrad)
- The Washington Declaration proclaims the independent Czechoslovak Republic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?