Saturday 18 October 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Blind Husbands, directed by Erich Stroheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1919!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1919 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Ric Nordman: Canadian captain and politician (d. 1996).
- Camilla Williams: American soprano and educator (d. 2012).
- Anita O'Day: American singer, a dazzling jazz performer for 56 years as of 1990.
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau (Liberal) 15th Canadian Prime Minister (1968-79: 1980-84).
- Pierre Trudeau: Canadian lawyer, politician and 15th Prime Minister of Canada from 1968.
- Jim Maloof: American businessman and politician, mayor of Peoria in the mid-1980s.
- Eunice Odio: notable Latin American poet. She wrote articles, essays, reflections, letters, short stories and children's literature. Odio worked as a journalistm and she also taught English and French. She left an extensive poetic work. In addition to Costa Rica and Mexico, she also lived in Cuba, Guatemala, Nicaragua, and the United States. She married the painter Rodolfo Zanabria in order to gain Mexican citizenship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Sweet Hawaiian Moonlight - Vivian Holt & Lillian Rosedale
- My Swanee Home - Vivian Holt & Lillian Rosedale
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?