Wednesday 18 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Roaring Twenties, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1939 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Lee Oswald: American homicide; the assassin of President John F. Kennedy on 11/22/1963, Dallas, TX.
- Mike Ditka: Coach.
- Earl Brown: American actor (d. 2006).
- Flavio Cotti: Swiss lawyer and politician 82nd President of the Swiss Confederation.
- Ted Marino: Italian-Brazilian wrestler and actor (d. 2012).
- Jan Vold: Norwegian poet author and translator
- R Rodgers and Lorenz Harts Too Many Girls, premieres in New York City
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?