Wednesday 18 October 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Roaring Twenties, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1939 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Earl Brown: American actor (d. 2006).
- Flavio Cotti: Swiss lawyer and politician 82nd President of the Swiss Confederation.
- Ted Marino: Italian-Brazilian wrestler and actor (d. 2012).
- Jan Vold: Norwegian poet author and translator.
- Mike Ditka: Coach.
- Lee Oswald: American homicide; the assassin of President John F. Kennedy on 11/22/1963, Dallas, TX. After serving in the Marines, where he became a Marxist, he defected to Russia in 1959 but returned to the U.S. in 1962 after becoming disillusioned with Russian life. He was shot to death by Jack Ruby on 11/24/1963 in Dallas, TX, 12:30 PM CST .
- R Rodgers and Lorenz Harts Too Many Girls, premieres in New York City
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?