Friday 18 October 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
North West Mounted Police, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1940 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Christian Dutoit: French journalist and founder and director of several television channels.
- Cynthia Weil: American songwriter.
- Jacques Higelin: French pop singer and musician.
- Suze Groeneweg: 1st woman in Dutch 2nd Chamber (1918-37), dies at 65.
- Kaufman and Harts George Washington Slept Here, premieres in New York City
- October 19 ampndash WWII: Thirty-two ships are sunk from Convoy SC 7 and Convoy HX 79 by the most effective quotwolfpackquot of the war including U-boat aces Kretschmer, Prien and Schepke
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?