Monday 18 October 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Hold My Hand by Don Cornell was in the top 5 hits.
White Christmas, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Love Is Eternal by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1954 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Édouard Stern: French banker and friend of French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Liz Burch: Australian actress.
- Nick Houghton: English general.
- Arliss Howard: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Yūji Mitsuya: Japanese actor.
- WBTW TV channel 13 in Florence, SC (CBS / ABC) begins broadcasting
- WNBC radio changes call letters to WRCA (NYC)
- Hurricane Hazel (third of 1954) becomes most severe to hit US.
- Texas Instruments announces the first Transistor radio.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?