Tuesday 18 October 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK The Man From Laramie by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
Oklahoma!, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1955!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1955 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Vanessa Briscoe Hay: American singer and songwriter (Pylon (band), Supercluster).
- Hiromi Go: Japanese singer.
- Jean-Pierre Hautier: Belgian journalist and television host (d. 2012).
- Vanessa Hay: American singer-songwriter and keyboard player (Pylon and Supercluster).
- Timmy Mallett: English radio and television host.
- Stu Mead: American painter and illustrator
- David Twohy: American director producer and screenwriter
- Rita Verdonk: Dutch journalist and politician Dutch Minister of Justice
- Denis Watson: Zimbabwean golfer
- Mark Welland: English physicist and academic
- Jose Ortega y Gasset: Spanish philosopher, social critic and essayist, one of the most influential intellectuals of his time.
- Track and Field names Jesse Owens all-time track athelete
- University of California discovers anti-proton
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?