Tuesday 18 October 1960
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Doug Lidster and Emily Arth.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Save The Last Dance For Me by The Drifters.
In UK Tell Laura I Love Her by Ricky Valance was in the top 5 hits.
The Alamo, directed by John Wayne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching BBC Sunday-Night Play.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1960!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1960 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Doug Lidster: Kamloops, British Columbia -- NHL defenseman (NY Rangers).
- Emily Arth: Evanston, Illinois -- Playmate (Jun, 1988).
- Denis Olivennes: French entrepreneur, son of poet Armand Olivennes and nephew of famous psychiatrist Claude Olievenstein.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme: Belgian-American actor who did stints in European commercials and low-budget French films before moving to Hollywood in 1981.
- Erin Moran: American actress.
- In Britain, News Chronicle and Daily Mail merge, and London Evening Star merges with Evening News
- Casey Stengel retired by New York Yankees (won ten pennants in 12 years).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 October 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Brenda Lee - I Want To Be Wanted (Per Tutta La Vita)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Devil Or Angel
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?