Wednesday 18 October 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Jespersen and Wynton Marsalis in New Orleans.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
West Side Story, directed by Jerome Robbins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musik aus Studio B.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1961 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Eric Jespersen: Port Alberni, British Columbia -- Star yachter (Olympic Bronze-92, 96).
- Wynton Marsalis in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; jazz trumpeter (Grammy 1983).
- Erin Moran in Burbank: California, USA; actress (Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi).
- Wynton Marsalis: American trumpet player composer and educator.
- Rick Moody: American author and composer.
- Gladstone Small: Barbadian-English cricketer
- Tsuru Aoki: Japanese-born American actress (Born 1892).
- Emergency crisis proclaimed in South Vietnam due to commun attack
- ''West Side Story'' is released as a film.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?