Thursday 18 October 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jody Anschutz and Vincent Spano in Brooklyn.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
The Manchurian Candidate, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Magic Door.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1962 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Jody Anschutz: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- LPGA golfer (1987 du Maurier Ltd Classic).
- Vincent Spano in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Alphabet City, Maria's Lovers).
- Vincent Spano: American actor on stage, film and TV a swarthy leading man who has played internationally in films.
- Min Naing: Burmese activist.
- JFK meets Russian Minister of Foreign Affairs Andrei Gromyko
- US launches Ranger 5 for lunar impact; misses Moon.
- Dr Watson (US) and Drs Crick and Wilkins (Great Britain) win Nobel Prize for Medicine for work in determining structure of DNA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 October 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?