Wednesday 18 October 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary John Anderson and Female Brooks.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to To Sir With Love by Lulu.
In UK Massachusetts by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Camelot, directed by Joshua Logan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Gabriel Hounds by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Vater und sein Sohn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1967!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1967 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Gary John Anderson: Wanganui, New Zealand -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics).
- Female Brooks: American noted family, the daughter of Roger and Stephanie Brooks.
- Dawn Brown: American homicide victim shot to death by Tony Diaz on 7/10/1993 by mistake, as he mistook her for her sister Kim.
- Eric Stuart: American singer-songwriter guitarist and voice actor.
- AL votes to allow Athletics to move from Kansas City to Oakland and expand league to 12 teams in 1971 with Kansas City and Seattle teams
- Nobel prize for physics awarded to Hans A Bethe
- Soviet Venera 4 becomes 1st probe to send data back from Venus
- Buena Vista releases Disney's animated feature film The Jungle Book to theaters. This is the last animated feature personally produced by Walt Disney.
- The Soviet probe Venera 4 reaches Venus and becomes the first spacecraft to measure the atmosphere of another planet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lulu - To Sir With Love
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- The Association - Never My Love
- The Young Rascals - How Can I Be Sure
- Soul Survivors - Expressway (To Your Heart)
- Vikki Carr - It Must Be Him
- Sam & Dave - Soul Man
- Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight-Everything's Alright)
- Brenton Wood - Gimme Little Sign
- Marvin Gaye - Your Precious Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?