Monday 18 October 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Whitfield and Emmett Waldron.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Cages, directed by Gerry de Leon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Electric Company.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1971 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Bob Whitfield: NFL tackle (Atlanta Falcons).
- Emmett Waldron: WLAF linebacker (Scottish Claymores).
- Tammy Harris: Williamstown, New York -- Miss America - New York State (1997).
- Karen J McNenny in Missoula: Montana, USA; Miss Montana-America (1991).
- Emmanuelle Laborit: French actress, deaf from birth, she became President of the International Visual Theater in 2007.
- In New York City, the Knapp Commission begins public hearings on police corruption.
- U.S. President Richard Nixon nominates Lewis Franklin Powell, Jr. and William H. Rehnquist to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- The Clarkston explosion in Scotland kills 22 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Carpenters - Superstar
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?