Thursday 18 October 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Angie by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Eye Level by Simon Park Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Charley Varrick, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1973.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1973!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1973 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Stephen Allan: Australian golfer.
- Michalis Kapsis: Greek footballer.
- Rachel Nichols: American journalist and sportscaster.
- Brian Scolaro: American comedian actor and producer.
- Sarah Winckless: English rower.
- James Foley: James "Jim" Foley was an American journalist and video reporter. Initially a freelance war correspondent of the Syrian Civil War, then abducted on November 22, 2012 in northwestern Syria, when in August 2014, he was the first American citizen victim of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL / ISIS / Islamic State / IS) as a response to American airstrikes in Iraq.
- Demetrious Maxie: CFL defensive end (Toronto Argonauts)
- John Baldwin Jr: Dallas, Texas -- Figure skater (1996 SW Pacific Sr Champ)
- Crane Wilbur: Director / writer (Bat, Canon City, Yellow Cargo), dies at 86.
- Frank Knight: TV announcer (Chronoscope), dies at 79.
- Walt Kelly: American illustrator and animator (d. 1973).
- Margaret Caroline Anderson: American magazine publisher (Born 1886).
- Leo Strauss: German-American political scientist philosopher and academic (d. 1973).
- Raisin opens at 46th St. Theater NYC for 847 performances
- Congress authorizes bi-centennial quarter, half-dollar and dollar coin
- Judd Woldon and Robert Brittens musical Raisin, premieres in New York City
- Nobel prize for economy awarded to Wassily Leontief
- US President Richard Nixon signs the Bicentennial Coinage Act into law, providing for commemorative quarter dollar, half dollar, and dollar coins. The coins can be issued between July 4, 1775 and January 1, 1977, bearing the dual date "1776-1976".
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Angie
- Cher - Half-Breed
- The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin Man
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train To Georgia
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- Eddie Kendricks - Keep On Truckin' (Part 1)
- Stevie Wonder - Higher Ground
- DeFranco Family - Heartbeat-It's A Lovebeat
- Marie Osmond - Paper Roses
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?