Thursday 18 October 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder.
In UK I Just Called To Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder was in the top 5 hits.
Blood Simple., directed by Joel Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Fourth Protocol by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1984!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1984 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Esperanza Spalding: Jazz Singer.
- Freida Pinto: Indian actress and model.
- Lindsey Vonn: American alpine skier, one of the greatest in the history of this sport.
- Robert Harting: German discus thrower.
- Discovery moves to Vandenberg AFB for mating of STS 51A mission
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You
- Prince - Let's Go Crazy
- Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen (No More Love On The Run)
- Prince - Purple Rain
- The Cars - Drive
- Chicago - Hard Habit To Break
- Madonna - Lucky Star
- On The Dark Side - John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band
- Bruce Springsteen - Cover Me
- I'm So Excited '84 - Pointer Sisters
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 October 1984 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?