Friday 18 September 1908
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Fairylogue and Radio-Plays, directed by Francis Boggs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1908!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1908 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Lise Børsum: Norwegian resistance member during World War II, survivor from the Ravensbrück concentration camp, and known for her writings and organizing work after the war.
- Viktor A Ambartsoemjan: Russian astronomer (Stalin Prize 1946, 50).
- Victor Ambartsumian: Georgian-Armenian astrophysicist astronomer and academic (d. 1996).
- Cleveland Indian Bob "Dusty" Rhoades no-hits Boston, 2-1.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cuddle Up a Little Closer, Lovey Mine - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I've Taken Quite a Fancy to You - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?