Monday 18 September 1911
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Syd Howe and Brinsley Le Poer Trench.
Besiegte Sieger, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1911!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1911 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Syd Howe: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1911).
- Brinsley Le Poer Trench: 8th Earl of Clancarty Irish ufologist and politician (d. 1995).
- Pyotr Stolypin: Russian politician (Born 1862).
- Russian Premier Peter Stolypin is shot at the Kiev Opera House.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- A Perfect Day - Cecil Fanning
- Gems from Florodora - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?