Thursday 18 September 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Dalagang bukid, directed by Jose Nepomuceno, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1919!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1919 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Carlos Collado Martinez: Costa Rican doctor, recalled in Bologna and in Costa Rica as a hero for his role as a partisan during the occupation of Italy by the Nazis during World War II.
- Tommy Hunter: American fiddler (d. 1993).
- Dutch 2nd Chamber accepts female suffrage
- Hurricane tides 16 feet above normal drown 280 along Gulf Coast.
- Fritz Pollard becomes the first African-American to play professional football for a major team, the Akron Pros.
- The Netherlands gives women the right to vote.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1919 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It's Nobody's Business but My Own - Bert Williams
- Everybody Wants a Key to My Cellar - Bert Williams
- Beautiful Ohio - Fritz Kreisler
- Anything is Nice if it Comes from Dixie - American Quartet
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Helen Clark & George Wilton Ballard
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in September 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 September 1919 and get them!