Thursday 18 September 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zelda Fichandler in Boston and Curtis Tarr.
The Slanderers, directed by Nat Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1924 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Zelda Fichandler in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; theater director/producer (Raisin, K2).
- Curtis Tarr: American government official.
- J Tippit: American police officer (d. 1963).
- Francis Herbert Bradley: British philosopher (neo-idealism).
- Government routes 7 Provinces to Peking
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 September 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- She's Everybody's Sweetheart - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Memory Lane - Paul Specht & His Orchestra
- Shine - California Ramblers
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?