Monday 18 September 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Whittaker and Naresh Kumar Sohal.
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Alfred Werker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1939 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Bob Whittaker: (Rep-R-Kansas, 1979- ).
- Naresh Kumar Sohal: Composer.
- Fred Willard in Ohio: USA; comedian (Fernwood 2 Night, Real People).
- Frankie Avalon: American singer, popular in the '50s with a successful single, " Venus, " No.
- Gerry Harvey: Australian businessman co-founded Harvey Norman.
- Jorge Sampaio: Portuguese lawyer and politician 18th President of Portugal
- Fred Willard: American actor
- Jan Willems: Belgian mathematician and theorist (d. 2013)
- Stanis?aw Ignacy Witkiewicz: Polish writer, painter, and photographer (Born 1885).
- Polish government of Moscicki flees to Romania
- William Joyce makes his first Nazi propaganda broadcast.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 September 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?