Wednesday 18 September 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
City for Conquest, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1940 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Frankie Avalon in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Beach movies), singer ("Venus").
- Frankie Avalon: American singer and actor.
- Richard Tilghman: American financier, banker and CEO of Crestar Financial.
- W Hillenbrand: American executive and CEO in charge of Hillenbrand Industries, a manufacturer of caskets, hospital beds and luggage.
- 19 German aircrafts shot down above England
- Italian troops conquer Sidi Barrani
- World War II: Italian troops conquer Sidi Barrani.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?