Saturday 18 September 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rodger Beckman and Lynn Abbey.
Johnny Belinda, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Around the Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1948!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1948 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Rodger Beckman: American baseball player.
- Lynn Abbey: American computer programmer and author.
- Ken Brett: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 2003).
- Christopher Skase: Australian businessman (d. 2001).
- Hilarities (of 1949) closes at Adelphi Theater NYC after 14 performances
- Communist Madiun-uprising in Dutch Indies (Muso / Sjarifudin)
- Ralph J Bunche confirmed as acting United Nations mediator in Palestine.
- Margaret Chase Smith of Maine becomes the first woman elected to the US Senate without completing another senator's term, when she defeats Democratic opponent Adrian Scolten.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?