Monday 18 September 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1950 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Anna Deavere Smith: American actress and playwright.
- Vishnuvardhan : Indian actor.
- Shabana Azmi: Indian actress and singer.
- Siobhan Davies: English dancer and choreographer.
- Chris Heister: Swedish politician Governor of Stockholm County.
- Darryl Sittler: Canadian ice hockey player
- Anna Smith: American actress and playwright
- David Hinds: American photographer.
- Daryl Sittler: Canadian hockey star and author of book on hockey and his career in the sport. He played for the Toronto Maple Leafs, Philadelphia Flyers and Detroit Red Wings between 1970 and 1985.
- Helene Weijel: Author (In the Street Without a Coat)
- Mike Hossack: Paterson, New Jersey -- Rock drummer (Doobie Brothers)
- Nakagawa Soen, Zen teacher, receives dharma transmission
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- I Love the Guy - Sarah Vaughan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?