Tuesday 18 September 1951
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
No Highway in the Sky, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1951 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Benjamin Carson: American neurosurgeon.
- Tony Scott: American baseball player, a right-throwing/switch-hitting outfielder with the Montreal Expos, St. Louis Cardinals and Houston Astros.
- Ben Carson: Doctor.
- Dee Ramone: American singer-songwriter and bass player (Ramones) (d. 2002).
- Darryl Stingley: American football player and scout (d. 2007).
- Marc Surer: Swiss race car driver and sportscaster
- John Douglas Cockcroft: Physicist.
- Tennessee Williams's adaptation of ''A Streetcar Named Desire'' premieres, becoming a critical and box-office smash.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?