Sunday 18 September 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
Killer's Kiss, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1955 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Paul Butler: English bishop.
- Keith Morris: American singer-songwriter (Black Flag Circle Jerks and Off!).
- Bob Papenbrook: American voice actor (Born 1955).
- Jeana Tomasino: Milwaukee, Wisconsin -- Playmate (Nov, 1980).
- Gary Griffin: American author of many books on the subject of penis size, including Penis Enlargement, The Horseman's Club, and The Legendary Endowment Project.
- Jeana Keough: Reality Star
- Marilynn Smith wins LPGA Mile High Golf Open
- Willie Mays hits record tying 9th HR at Ebbets Field (ties Joe Adcock)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?