Wednesday 18 September 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emily Remler .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
Jet Pilot, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Maverick.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1957 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Emily Remler: American Jazz Guitarist (Born1957).
- Wagon Train premieres
- Electric train joining in Amsterdam-Brussels
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 September 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Coasters - Searchin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?