Wednesday 18 September 1963
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rich Weiss and Andréia Beltrão.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Blue Velvet by Bobby Vinton.
In UK She Loves You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Dementia 13, directed by Francis Coppola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mr. Novak.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1963!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1963 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Rich Weiss: Munich, Germany -- US slalom single kayak (1996 Olympics - 6th Place).
- Andréia Beltrão: Brazilian TV and film actress, most noted for comedy.
- Dan Povenmire: TV Producer.
- Jim Pocklington: English race car driver.
- John Powell: English-Canadian composer and conductor.
- USSR orders 58.5 million barrels of cereal from Australia
- Final game at Polo Grounds, 1,752 see Philadelphia Phillies beat New York Mets 5-1.
- Rioters burn down the British Embassy in Jakarta, to protest the formation of Malaysia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Blue Velvet
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Martha & the Vandellas - Heat Wave
- The Jaynetts - Sally, Go 'Round The Roses
- The Crystals - Then He Kissed Me
- The Beach Boys - Surfer Girl
- The Miracles - Mickey's Monkey
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Garnet Mimms - Cry Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?