Thursday 18 September 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
Astérix et Cléopâtre, directed by Ren Goscinny, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1969!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1969 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Cappadonna : American rapper (Wu-Tang Clan and Theodore Unit).
- Robert Coons: NFL tight end (Buffalo Bills).
- Marc Coppey: French cellist.
- Rudolph Wagner-Regeny: Composer, dies at 66.
- Tiny Tim and Miss Vicky get engaged
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- Tom Jones - I'll Never Fall In Love Again
- The Youngbloods - Get Together
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?