Friday 18 September 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tora! Tora! Tora!, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1970 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Michela Torrepadula: Italian beauty queen, Miss Italy of 1987.
- Aisha Tyler: American actress and comedian.
- Everett Lindsay: NFL guard / center (Minn Vikings).
- Gary Rogers: CFL linebacker (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Michela Rocco: Udine, Italy -- Miss Italy (1987).
- Mike Compton: American football player and coach
- Dan Eldon: English photographer and journalist (d. 1993)
- Didier Rous: French road bicycle racer, whose wins include a stage of the Tour de France (1997), French National Road Race Champion (2001, 2003) and Grand Prix du Midi Libre (2000).
- Darren Gough: British athlete, a cricket player. He made his Test debut in 1994 and in a series against the West Indies, 2000, he took 25 wickets, bringing his total in Tests to 173 wickets.
- Jimi Hendrix: American musician, singer and guitarist who became a rock superstar.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Bread - Make It With You
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 September 1970 and get them!