Saturday 18 September 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry.
In UK Dancing Queen by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Bugsy Malone, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1976!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1976 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Ronaldo : Brazilian football player, one of the most famous strikers.
- Sophina Brown: American actress.
- Gabriel Gervais: Canadian football player.
- Kikki Daire: American pornographic actress.
- Cleveland manager Frank Robinson last game as a player
- Rev Sun Myung Moon holds God Bless America convention
- Rock Music Award
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Chicago - If You Leave Me Now
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
- Cliff Richard - Devil Woman
- War - Summer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 September 1976 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?