Wednesday 18 September 2002
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Dilemma by Nelly.
In UK The Tide Is High (Get The Feeling) by Atomic Kitten was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Home Alabama, directed by Andy Tennant, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 2002!
Which were the important events of 18 September 2002 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 September
- After three days of negotiations in Sattahip, Thailand, the Tamil Tigers agreed to drop their demand for independence from Sri Lanka, and accepted autonomy in the north and northwest of the country.
- Archaeologists use a remote-controlled robot to access a hitherto sealed chamber within the Great Pyramid of Giza: the robot drilled a hole in a long-sealed door and poked a fiber-optic camera through. Unfortunately, all that was revealed was another closed door.
- Nazi collaborator Maurice Papon is released from jail due to health reasons.
- The body of abducted British schoolgirl Amanda Dowler is found in remote woodland in Yateley near Hampshire.
- Recent celebrity deaths: Athlete Bob Hayes dies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?