Monday 18 September 2006
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
The Lives of Others, directed by Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while 6 Rainier Drive by Debbie Macomber was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Community Channel.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Ant Bully or Buzz! Junior: Jungle Party.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 18 September 2006 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 September
- Edward J King: 66th Governor of Massachusetts (Born 1925).
- Right wing protesters riot the building of the Hungarian Television in Budapest, Hungary, one day after an audio tape is made public, in which Prime Minister Ferenc Gyurcsany admitted he and his party lied during the 2006 general elections.
- New laws come into force across England, Wales and Scotland making the use of child seats in cars compulsory for all children under the age of 12 who are less than 4ft 5in (135cm) tall. (BBC)
- Taliban insurgency:
- A suicide bomber has killed at least four Canadians in an attack on a NATO patrol in the southern Afghan province of Kandahar, Canada's military says. (BBC)
- 11 killed in a suicide bombing in Herat, Afghanistan. (La Repubblica)
- Somali President Abdullahi Yusuf survives an assassination attempt when two bombs explode near the parliament building, killing 11 people. (BBC)
- A chemical spill is reported on the International Space Station and a fire is feared, although this latter report proves to be unfounded. (CNN)
- 2006 referendum in Transnistria: The vast majority of the population of Transdniestr, a self-proclaimed republic in Moldova, voted for independence and future accession to Russia, the central election committee said. (RIA Novosti)
- Pope Benedict XVI Islam controversy:
- Iran's Ayatollah Ali Khamenei condemns the recent speech by Pope Benedict, claiming it is the ampquotlatest linkampquot in ampquotthe chain of a conspiracy to set in train a crusade against Islamampquot. (BBC)
- Al Qaeda in Iraq calls for war against what it calls ampquotworshippers of the crossampquot in response to the Pope's remarks. (Reuters)
- An influential Egyptian cleric, Sheik Youssef al-Qaradawi, called for peaceful protests after weekly prayers on Friday. (AP)
- Manasseh Sogavare, the Prime Minister of the Solomon Islands, accuses Australia of ampquotheavy-handedampquot interference in his country's domestic affairs. (BBC)
- Soyuz TMA-9 has launched at 04:08 UTC from Baikonur in Kazakhstan onboard with two member of ISS Expedition 14 Mikhail Tyurin, Michael Lopez-Alegria and with Anousheh Ansari, the first female space tourist. (NASA)
- 2006 protests in Hungary:
- Overnight, anti-government protests in Budapest turn violent. Protesters besieged the headquarters of state television and broke down the front doors. The station was taken off the air. Violence broke out as police used water cannons and tear gas against the crowd. By morning, the streets are calm and the PM vows to stay on in office, and to crack down on any further disorder. (HVG)
- The CW launches their network in the US
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?