Saturday 19 April 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Blackie's Redemption, directed by John Ince, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1919 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Stanley Yolles: American educator and the nation's top official on mental health in the '60s.
- Sol Kaplan: American pianist and composer (d. 1990).
- Opera Monsieur Beaucaire is produced (London)
- 23rd Boston Marathon won by Carl Linder of Massachusetts in 2:29:13.4.
- French assembly decides on 8 hour work day.
- Leslie Irvin of the United States makes the first successful voluntary free-fall parachute jump using a new kind of self-contained parachute.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Sam Ash
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1919?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1919 and get them!