Tuesday 19 April 1921
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Prometheus, directed by August Blom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1921.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1921!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1921 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Will Ogdon: composer.
- Glyn England CEO (CEGB: Windcluster Ltd).
- Anna Lee Aldred: American first licenced female jockey (d. 2006).
- Anna Aldred: American jockey (d. 2006).
- Roberto Tucci: Italian cardinal and theologian (d. 2015).
- Funeral of last German Emperoress, Augusta Victoria.
- 25th Boston Marathon won by Frank Zuna of New Jersey in 2:18:57.6.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1921 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Whip-Poor-Will - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- My Mammy - Peerless Quartet
- Timbuctoo - Paul Biese Trio & Frank Crumit
- Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 - Philadelphia Orchestra (Leopold Stokowski, Conductor)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?