Wednesday 19 April 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Man from Beyond, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1922!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1922 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Erich Hartmann: German ace pilot with the Luffwaffe in WW II credited with shooting down over 300 planes; his technique was to close in on the target before firing, a method that sometimes caused damage to his plane by flying debris.
- Robert-Henri Bautier: French archivist and medievalist.
- Luigi Barbbarito: reverend (Apostolic ProNuncio).
- 26th Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar of Massachusetts in 2:18 10.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Lucy Isabelle Marsh - The Song of Love
- I'm an Indian - Fanny Brice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1922?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 April 1922 and get them!