Tuesday 19 April 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Geheimnisse einer Seele, directed by Georg Wilhelm Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1927.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1927!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1927 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Don Barbour in Greencastle: Indiana, USA; singer ("Four Freshmen").
- Kenneth : American beautician, columnist and author of "Kenneth's Complete Book on Hair.
- Jean-Marie Le Breton: French diplomat who served as his country's Ambassador to Bulgaria (1983-1986), Romania (1987-1990), and Portugal (1990-1992).
- Vagabond King opens in London
- 31st Boston Marathon won by Clarence DeMar of Massachusetts in 2:40:22.2.
- Mae West is sentenced to 10 days in jail for obscenity for her play Sex.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?